Quartz worktops contain a mixture of crushed quartz and resin. The ratio is about 93% quartz to 7% resin and they are available in various shades of colours and patterns. When choosing the right countertops for your bathroom, quartz should definitely be considered. Here are some advantages to fitting quartz countertops in your bathroom:
– Quartz countertops are extremely tough. In fact, they are as strong as granite but a lot easier for professionals to work with and install.
– Quartz is also non-porous. This means that it will not require any kind of sealing, ever. There is just about no maintenance involved in keeping quarts countertops looking good as new.
– Since they are non-porous, another advantage is the fact that bacteria cannot make itself at home. When it comes to cleanliness, the bathroom is susceptible to bacteria. Keeping surfaces clean is essential for general health and, with quartz countertops, keeping your bathroom in shape has never been easier.
– Quartz countertops are known for their durability as well as resistance to stains. An accidental spill can quite easily be cleaned up without any permanent damage.
– In terms of price, quartz does tend to be on the more expensive side of the scale. However, in the long run, it should be seen as an investment rather than an outlay of cash. The durability and style that it will bring to your bathroom will also most certainly add to the value of your home should you eventually decide to sell.