Natural stone facts everyone should know30-Jul-2015 With so many different types of natural stone and stone suppliers to choose from, homeowners can easily feel overwhelmed. It is this overwhelming feeling that often leads to a rushed decision. Fortunately, instead of settling for an adequate option, you can find the very best stone for your home by keeping these points in mind:
- Granite is ranked as the easiest to clean of all natural stones. This means less work for you and more time enjoying your worktops!
- Natural stone products are often cheaper than man made alternatives.
- Granite and marble are just as easy to clean as engineered stone but they can offer other advantages.
- When cleaning natural stone, all you need is a soft cloth, warm water and a mild cleaning solution. Beyond this, maintenance is minimal.
- Some have said that granite work surfaces release radon gas into the air. However, according to extensive studies, any emissions are not a health risk whatsoever.
- There are a large number of natural stones that do not need to be sealed. Despite this, many homeowners choose to seal their worktops for added peace of mind.
- Stone is produced in nature and, unlike manufactured stone, this ensures that each slab is truly unique. There are variations in colour, vein patterns and other characteristics.